Liebster Award 2017 Nomination

Earlier this week I was nominated for the Liebster Award 2017 by my friend Callie. The Liebster Award--started in 2011--is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means "sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome."

My nominator, Callie, has a beautiful blog called White Hill Designs. She shares her insights into home designs and I have loved her style since I first got to see it in person back when we both lived in North Liberty, Iowa. Callie has a great eye for finding unique pieces that can be repurposed into something lovely. I am so thankful that she nominated me for the Liebster Award!


When a nominee accepts the award, they must answer 11 questions posed by their nominator and share 10 random facts. So get ready to learn a lot about me! :) Keep reading to find out who I've nominated for the Liebster Award. Also, check out this post on one of my favorite blogs!

Why did you start blogging?    

I started blogging back in the early 2000s because I had a good friend who was doing it and I thought it was cool. Back then "blogging" consisted of my random musings, usually about the boys I liked and the latest online quiz I had taken.

When do you find time to blog?     

We recently relocated for my husband's job, so I've been blessed with more free time! I have been wanting to get back into doing more creative projects, so in this season of life, that has been my goal. I have found that even with more free time, I've had to stay intentional about making time to blog and coming up with new ideas.

What has been your biggest success about blogging?     

I measure success in blogging through the connections I've made and the commonalities I've shared with readers. I have gotten to collaborate with other bloggers in anti-human trafficking efforts. I've written deeply personal pieces that have been able to touch friends and strangers. And I've shared insights that I know others have found useful. To me, that is success.

What is your go-to snack?     

Does coffee count as a snack? I fully admit I am an addict, but it's just so good, I can't help it. Right now, home-brewed iced coffee from Intelligentsia's Black Cat Espresso is my go-to.

What or who makes you laugh the most?     

This will probably sound cheesy, but my husband Nick always makes me laugh. I love that we share a sense of quirky humor and some of my favorite moments are when we genuinely laugh together.

What inspires you?     

The creative community on Instagram, particularly my fellow lettering aficionados inspire me to hone my craft. They make me want to get back to creating word art every time I scroll through my feed.

What is your favorite book and why?     

Maybe this will sound cliché, but I would have to say that the Bible is my favorite book. Not only does it contain truth for our lives, but every time I come to it, I learn something new. It challenges me and helps me to grow. In addition, I really like John Green books, especially Paper Towns. His writing style is brilliant, honest, and always fuels up my creativity.

What is saving your life lately?     

You want the honest answer? The box of tissues I've had within arm's reach all day. Getting over a sinus-y sickness means I need a lot of tissues. That's all I'll say about that. ;)

What is your favorite thing about fall?     

There is no way I can pick just one thing. I love the colors, the scents, mini pumpkins, and finally, finally getting to wear layers again. I. Love. Layers.

What is your favorite guilty pleasure? 

Again, being totally honest: reality TV. Specifically The Bachelor franchise of shows. And So You Think You Can Dance. I always wanted to be a dancer, so the show is my fix.

10 Random Facts About Me

1. I played a year of college basketball. I think sometimes being known as a creative person, people don't think of me as athletic. Sports and working out saved my life during my stressful college years.

2. I was an only child for 12 years before we adopted my brother. And I hated being an only child, it was lonely and boring, especially when I was homeschooled for five of those years.

3. My first job out of college was a reporter for a smalltown Iowa newspaper. I learned a lot of interesting, random things through that job, met a lot of different people (from local musicians to Rick Perry's wife), and experienced things I never thought I would (like covering a hostage situation).

4. I once sat behind La La Anthony at a Nuggets game in Denver. We were second row court side which was awesome, and I was more excited by that than being near semi-famous people.

5. I used to play piano way back in the day. I was actually fairly decent, but then we moved out of state and I never took it back up.

6. I've been out of the country three times, to Mexico, Jamaica, and Belize. I would love to be able to do more traveling, but my goal is to find adventures wherever I'm at.

7. I love football, but team rivalries are the ongoing theme. Growing up in Dallas, I naturally was and still am a Cowboys fan. My husband Nick is an Eagles fan. We have learned to tolerate each other's teams when they're not playing each other. Also, I lived in Michigan for a while and some of my family members are die hard University of Michigan fans. So growing up, we always cheered for the Maize and Blue. When we lived in Iowa City, Nick and I became University of Iowa fans after going to games and just living in that culture. My favorite game of the season is when Michigan and Iowa meet, because no matter who wins, I'm happy.

8. Chicago has been the place where a lot of big moments have happened in my life. Among them, it's where Nick and I met, went on our first date, got engaged (at Wrigley Field), and spent part of our honeymoon. Chicago is also special to me because it was the place where I started to grow up, become an adult, and discover who I was.

9. If I could live anywhere, I would probably pick Denver. I lived there for almost two years and loved it. There's the mountains, the nightlife, the sporting events, great food, shopping, and a million other things. Plus the climate is pretty much perfect.

10. In college, one of my favorite classes was a drama elective. I love acting, but never really got into plays or theater. The drama class was a chance for me to finally learn more about and practice acting. My favorite performance was a portion of Anton Chekhov's The Proposal. We shortened it to the principal portion of the argument and set it in the deep south. It was fantastic to get into a yelling match in a southern accent.

My Nominations

Marginal Notes

Live Beautifully

Jamie Janosz

Eventually Complete

30 Before 30

The Rules

If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:

1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.

2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. You can download images for the award here.

3. Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.

4. Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.

5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.

6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or from this site).

7. Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it!

Answer these questions!
  1. What do you enjoy most about blogging? 
  2. What is your favorite topic to write about? 
  3. Where do you find inspiration for the things you write about? 
  4. What is your hidden talent or hobby? 
  5. What or who makes you laugh the most? 
  6. What is your favorite restaurant or place to shop? 
  7. What is your favorite book and why? 
  8. What is your favorite Instagram account to follow? 
  9. Which season do you enjoy the most and why? 
  10. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?

Comments

Popular Posts