Favorite Lettering Quotes: Fall

September marks a time of transition, letting go of summer and embracing fall. It's usually still warm enough to wear summer clothes for just a bit longer before bringing out cardigans and boots. It's also a good time to take inventory of your fall decor, and possibly create something new!
 

In today's post, I am sharing some of my favorite fall-related quotes. This is the second post in the Favorite Lettering Quotes series, and like I shared in my first post, I will provide a few project ideas as well. I found the pumpkin cutout (above) at Target and wrote on it with a chalk marker. I also created the hanging wall art (below). On Thursday I will share a step-by-step guide to how I created this piece.


Fall

And all at once, summer collapsed into fall. (Oscar Wilde)

Everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn. (Elizabeth Lawrence)

But I think I love fall most of all.

Drown me in October winds, in blowing leaves that turn the color of fire.

Hello, fall.

If a year was tucked inside of a clock, then autumn would be the magic hour. (Victoria Erickson)

Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree. (Emily Bronte)

Autumn is my time. I am most radiant and full of energy when the leaves are falling and there is a ghost of change in the air.

Pumpkin spice and everything nice, that's what fall is made of.

I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze.

Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile. (William Cullen Bryant)


No spring nor summer's beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face. (John Donne)

You are never too old to play in the leaves.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

Autumn leaves and pumpkins please.

Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall. (F. Scott Fitzgerald) 

Oh fall, it's nice to see you again.

Autumn killed the summer with the softest kiss.

I just want to live in a world of mountains, coffee, campfires, cabins and golden trees, and run around with a camera and notebook, learning the inner workings of everything real. (Victoria Erickson)

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. (Anne of Green Gables)

Sweet cider, cozy blankets, perfect pumpkins, crunching leaves, sparkling fires, cool days and warm nights. We love you, fall.


What are your favorite fall quotes?

Comments

Popular Posts