Tips for Beginners: Pointed Pen Calligraphy


If you feel intimidated by pointed pen calligraphy, I hope the simple tips I share in this video can help you get started! The process doesn't have to be complicated. The best thing to do is jump in, try it out, and practice!

Also, if you saw my earlier post on prepping gouache, you may be looking for another way to use it! Along with brush lettering, gouache works great for pointed pen calligraphy, acting as an ink alternative. Once I learned how to use gouache, I never went back to using typical ink. I feel like gouache is easier to use, and you can easily mix shades to create custom colors. Plus you can bounce back and forth between different tools and use it for a variety of projects!


If you have any questions about pointed pen calligraphy, or a tip you would like to share, please leave it in the comments or tweet me @ELM_Creative.

Comments

Popular Posts