Recap: The Dressember Lettering Challenge

One thing I love about January: it can offer a moment of peace after the busyness of the holiday season. There's usually not as much going on, it's cold out, and quiet after all the hubbub of Christmas shopping and celebrations. It's a time to refocus, to think over the good and bad of the year before, and to move forward with new goals and ideas.

I want to take a moment look back at a huge part of my December: Dressember! And particularly to look at the #LetterForDressember lettering challenge. I'm sorry this blog was so quiet the past month, I admit I was spending a lot of time over on Instagram! It was so great to co-host the challenge with my friend Amy, and to see other creatives join us in participating.


Each day featured a different prompt for participants to letter, draw, or digitally create and share on social media. I loved seeing the different designs participants came up with, and I shared a handful of them on my Instagram story every day. The prompts were intended to be inspirational and also connect to topics related to Dressember. That way participants could use the challenge to share information about modern day slavery and human trafficking, raising awareness while sharing their artwork.

I loved seeing what everyone created, and I loved spreading the message of Dressember across Instagram. It felt great to combine creativity with a cause that is near and dear to my heart. It also was cool to create a new way for people to participate in Dressember, especially those who couldn't or didn't want to participate in the style aspect of the challenge. The whole point of Dressember is to creatively combat slavery by doing what we can with what we have.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/letterfordressember/

If you would like to check out the posts, you can find them on the hashtag page. And if you were able to join us in the challenge, thank you so much! I'm considering hosting the challenge again next year. If you would be interested in participating, please let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts