Favorite Lettering Quotes: Thanksgiving

True confessions: I wanted to get this post published sooner but life has been busy! It's a good busy--getting ready for #LetterForDressember and setting up my Dressember team, visits from family and friends, and regular life have all mingled to make my days full. I love it, but I have also missed updating this blog. So I'm carving out some time to get my next Favorite Lettering Quotes post published before Thanksgiving arrives!

Of course Thanksgiving will also be busy; we're looking forward to having my family in town for the holiday. This will be their first time visiting our new home in PA, so of course I'm hoping to have the house looking properly Thanksgiving-ified. For me, Thanksgiving decor is a blend of fall and winter elements--pumpkins and leaves meet evergreens and berries. And of course, lettering quotes can find their place too!


For this post I have examples of a chalkboard design and a hand-lettered place mat, above. You can also incorporate quotes through hanging a roll of butcher or craft paper (as in this post), or making decorative cards for your table. I love the idea of surrounding ourselves with thankfulness while we celebrate the day.

Thanksgiving

In everything give thanks. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

There is always something to be thankful for.

It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.

The secret to having it all is knowing you already do.

May I never forget the good things He has done for me. (Psalm 103:2)

Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.

Give thanks with a grateful heart.

I am thankful for all of it. The highs. The lows. The blessings. The lessons. The setbacks. The comebacks. Everything.


Finish each day with a grateful heart.

When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty, my only response is that I'm thankful I have a cup.

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.

A thankful heart is a joyful heart.

I'm thankful for the struggle because without it I wouldn't have found strength.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His steadfast love endures forever. (Psalm 136:1)

Be kind, be thoughtful, be genuine, but most of all, be thankful.

Gratitude helps you to see what is there instead of what is not.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts