My favorite graphic design apps

In my last post, I shared eight tips for creating social media content for your church. And I promised this follow-up post, featuring the apps I use to do graphic design projects for my church.

With a few exceptions, I have moved to solely mobile-based design programs. I like that I can edit photos, design graphics, and share my creations from literally anywhere. Plus mobile apps are very user-friendly and great for creating simple, impactful graphics.

While there are lots of great apps you can use, I've decided to highlight a few of my favorites and include images and designs I've created with them. These are apps I use the most.

1. Studio.

Studio is hands-down one of my favorite apps for graphic design and creative overlays. There are tons of pre-designed overlay packs, fonts, shapes, crops, and it's all free. Plus every design made with Studio is fully re-mixable. So you can re-work your own designs, or someone else's. I use this app primarily for adding text over images. Find Studio in the App Store or on Google Play.


2. Mextures.

Mextures is a great tool for creating unique images using different textures, grains and light leaks. Mix your own textures or choose from pre-made formulas. Plus there are built-in adjustment tools and blending modes. Mextures is $1.99 and available in the App Store.


3. PicTapGo.

Another great photo editing app I use is PicTapGo. PicTapGo has fully customizable edits that allow you to adjust brightness, contrast, temperature, edge burn, and a number of other photo features. It's a great tool for making sure your photos look crisp, clear, and artsy if you want. Within the app you can crop and post your image to social media (including an option to post non-square images to Instagram). PicTapGo is $1.99 in the App Store.



4. Moldiv.

Moldiv is a good app for creating simple or more elaborate collages. Choose from a variety of collage templates, or remix a magazine page. You can also add text, stamps, and photo effects. Moldiv is free in the App Store and on Google Play, but you can purchase a premium upgrade.


5. Vrsly.

Vrsly provides inspirational words, quotes and designs as overlays and features a new design every day. Vrsly often collaborates with a lettering artist to create beautiful designs for its users. This is a great app for creating artistic, inspiring images you can share on social media. Vrsly is available in the App Store for $0.99.



6. Now testing: PicLab HD.

I recently purchased PicLab HD during an App Store promotional sale and I'm currently test driving it. So far I like the options it provides like a variety of fonts, shapes, and options to edit and manipulate the text. PicLab HD costs $1.99, but there is also a free version (PicLab) available in the App Store and on Google Play.



What are your favorite photo editing and design apps? Please share your top picks in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts